Wednesday, February 8, 2012

No Pain.....No Gain!

This week has been a good week all in all. I was very worried how I would do with the Superbowl party we had on Sunday. No I was not good and buy healthy snacks for everyone else. I picked easy things. I ate well, ended up picking a few yummy things and took them downstairs to watch the game. I stayed away from the kitchen so I wasn't tempted to get seconds. But I was good and didn't even think about it.

I didn't do much "working out" this weekend per se. I did do a lot of cleaning and laundry Saturday and Sunday morning, which did include a lot of trips up and down the stairs. Monday night I opted to take the kids for a walk in their wagon since it was nice outside. Bundled them up and walked in our neighborhood. I figured pulling 65 lbs in the wagon took place of the running. Our stree is a constant gradual grade, so it's not so bad going down the street but coming back up is a workout in itself. Tuesday night I attempted Step class at the gym with Beckey. I asked her if it was crazy hard before I agreed to do it, she said "No." HA! YEA RIGHT! I probably looked like the biggest fool ever! Well even though I did, everyone in the class was very encouraging at the end. I guess I will have to start doing it more often to get the hang of it. Plus it was a GREAT workout! 15 minutes into the class though I thought to myself "OK, I don't think I can do this for 45 more minutes!!" I hung in there though and finished, calf cramp and all.

Today was weigh-in day. I lost 4.4 pounds! Actually it was a 3 pound loss since I gained 1.4 pounds last week. I couldn't believe it! Now to push even more this week since I know if I got results like that this week, without doing a ton of exercise, imagine what the results would be if I did a lot!

My next goal is to go for a walk/run for 2 hours, and see how far I get. Do I have any volunteers that want to do that with me? I was thinking heading to Loveland Bike Trail for this. I don't want to go by myself, as there was a man that tried to abduct a woman a few years back, if I remember correctly. Plus it's just not safe for a woman to be out all alone like that in my opinion.

That's all for now, as its time for the kids to get ready for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment